NAPERVILLE 630-780-1034

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Youtube
Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Youtube

Asset Purchase Agreements 101

Naperville, Oswego, and Aurora Asset Purchase Agreement Attorney

DuPage County and Kendall County Business Attorney

Sean Robertson and Robertson Legal Group, LLC is a Naperville law firm concentrating in drafting and negotiating asset purchase agreements and the purchase and sale of a business. Robertson Legal Group, LLC works with small to medium-sized business owners, franchise owners, and entrepreneurs in the Naperville area including Plainfield, Oswego, Aurora, Sugar Grove, Plano, Yorkville, Lisle, Wheaton, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Shorewood, Crest Hill, and Joliet.

Joint Deceased Tenancy Affidavit

We here at Robertson Legal Group, LLC have frequently espoused the virtues of quit claim deeds and what they are useful for, whether it be freeing yourself from legal liability or editing someone’s name on a title, quit claim deeds are a great way to clear up title. We frequently use quit claim deeds to help transfer parcels of land for clients living in the Joliet, Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, and Romeoville areas. One issue that arises is what does one do when their spouse, who was on the title, passes away. At first glance, one would think that they are automatically taken off of the deed or that people would assume that since the individual is dead, they will not dispute any transfers or changes in title. While that is usually true from a practical standpoint it isn’t true from a legal one. If someone wants to remove a deceased spouse from a title that is held in joint tenancy, they need to affirmatively assert that the spouse is dead and take the name off of the deed through the appropriate legal procedures. The solution is a quit claim deed, but the surviving spouse would also need to sign a joint deceased tenancy affidavit.

What is an Uncontested Divorce?

Yorkville and Oswego Uncontested Divorce Attorney

An uncontested divorce in Yorkville, Kendall County is a divorce where both spouses agree on the major issues. Generally, the beginning document in an uncontested divorce is a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. It is important to draft the Petition in Dissolution of a Marriage in a non-threatening manner. One spouse is generally suspicious of the other attorney and reviews the initial Petition for Dissolution of Marriage to determine whether it conflicts with their best interests.

Real Estate Asset Protection 101

Real Estate Asset Protection Attorney in DuPage County

Naperville, Oswego, and Aurora Real Estate Lawyer

Real estate and lawsuit protection or otherwise known as “asset protection” are vital to protecting one’s family real estate and investment real estate from liability and lawsuit concerns. The structure of your real estate ownership must not be minimized because the structure depends on whether you and your family are vulnerable to lawsuits threatening your real estate interests.

How to Initiate a Divorce Proceeding

Divorce Attorney in Will and Kendall County

Petition for Dissolution of Marriage Family Lawyer

The first step to initiate a divorce proceeding in the Naperville, Aurora, Oswego, Yorkville, Bolingbrook, and Romeoville areas is to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. A Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is the initial paperwork filed in a divorce proceeding. The Petition for Dissolution of Marriage describes how the Petitioning spouse wants to allocate spousal support or otherwise known as “alimony” or “spousal maintenance”, how to allocate child support and parenting decisions, and how to fairly and equitable distribute property and liabilities. A process server or otherwise the Will County or Kendall County Sheriff’s Office will serve the Respondent in a divorce proceeding with a copy of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.

Back to Top